[Edit: Several readers have asked about what kind of paint I used to paint the bust....I'm pretty sure I used Ice Cream by Rustoleum--it might be Porcelin--almost the same color one is flat, the other is semi gloss. I sprayed it, then while the paint was still wet, I took some 000 steel wool to it to give it a chippy look. Finally I attacked it with some brown paste shoe polish, removing most of it.]
Wow! It's a new year! Heck, this is my first post of the new year! Happy 2011! I've shared this in-progress vignette in the past; but I've tweaked it a bit and wanted to show it to all my new followers who may have not seen it! Remember--there is so much more blog to see--when you get to the bottom of the page; click the link for older posts! It's just that easy!
To put this together I went around the house snatching anything and everything that I thought would look pretty!
There are door knobs, beaded bulb covers, lace, a bridle veil, and lots of other items!
This little lamb appeared in a previous post and several readers had questions about it--I hate to disappoint you, but I know nothing about it! I bought it at a yard sale for a dollar.....
A friend gave me the bust--it was busted and had been glued back together--he thought I could rescue it! When I first got it it was this nasty reddish brown color--out came the white paint.
Once I painted and distressed it--you can't tell where it had been repaired!
I bought this beaded basket from my friend Brenda's booth in the antiques mall where my space is.
She was over recently and asked if I had bought that from her--she says after seeing it in the vignette she regrets selling it now! Ha!
I'm linking up to a bunch of parties--you can find them in my sidebar! If I missed yours--please remind me so I can fix that!
Hopefully my Laundry Room Reveal will be this week!
Enjoy the new year!